From the Mouth of Kelly


Loren is an amazing man and unlike anyone I've ever met. As soon as I got to know him, I was immediately impressed by how fun he was. I had a blast every time I was with him. I love the way he makes me laugh.

Loren is very family oriented. He's very close to his family and will drop just about everything to spend time with them. He's always been that way. Despite the age gap, Loren is great friends with his brother and sister. Each member of his family genuinely each other. Whenever they're together, they stay up late into the night talking and laughing.

Loren loves kids. He is an amazing father and the favorite uncle. He loves spending time with Ashton. He's a great teacher. Loren is always willing to let Ashton help out, even if it's actually not helpful at all. They often fix and build things together. They go on bike rides, play at the park, swim, play cars, do science experiments, go to the father-son camp out, and build forts and rockets.

Loren is also extremely intelligent. He graduated at the top, literally the top, of his class in bioengineering and was awarding the Academic Achievement Award. Many people who know him might be surprised to read that, because he's very modest and not one of those people who tries to impress people with his intelligence. Loren likes to learn about new things and often prefers to have conversations about things about which he knows very little so he can learn more about it.

Loren is also very selfless. He seldom does anything for himself. He likes to make other people happy. He's also very easy going. He loves to serve others. He frequently volunteers to help clean the church and always takes Ashton along. He always helps people move. He's never turned down a calling at church.

Loren is very neat and organized. Whenever he has a free moment he cleans up the house or sorts through this or that. He loves post-it notes. I think his dream date would be for us to sit down together and sort through our "to do" files.

Loren served a mission in Spain. He has always been a worthy priesthood holder and is willing and able to give priesthood blessings at a moments notice. He always does his home teaching. He has a strong testimony. He's a great example to our son.

I often tease him because he likes sassy chick music. He also loves Beaver football, and mountain biking. He loves tacos and fish. He hates dancing, though he will dance with me from time to time.

I couldn't imagine my life without Loren. I'm so grateful to have him and love him dearly.