From the Mouth of Loren


Kelly is an amazing wife and mother. She loves her job as a full-time mom and enjoys spending her time with our son, Ashton. She likes getting him out of the house and taking him to story time, play groups, shopping, and the zoo. She is consistently teaching him, getting him involved in activities and setting up opportunities for him to interact with other kids, which has helped him become a very smart, social and well rounded boy.

Kelly has the fastest hands of anyone I know. It is one of the first things I noticed about her. We actually first met while playing a fast paced card game called Nertz. The story goes that I had never played before and since the game was played in pairs, I had requested that I be paired up with the best player in order to level the playing field. No surprise, the best player was Kelly. The part of the story that has never been revealed before is that I had my eye on her all night and I already knew that Kelly was the best in the group and figured what better way to get a first date. The game of course went well, we won.

Kelly’s fast hands are good for much more than just winning games. Kelly is able to accomplish many things in half the time that I am able. It is just one of her superhuman powers. For example, Kelly can iron all my work shirts in less than an hour while it often takes me the whole evening. It is extremely rare for her to complain about all the hard work those fast hands do to keep us fed and keep our house in order.

However, Kelly does not like loading the dishwasher. I am not sure why that is but I don’t mind it at all so recently we made a deal where I do the dishes while she makes me a lunch. The lunches Kelly prepares for me makes all the guys at work jealous. Sorry guys, what can I say? I am just the luckiest guy in the world. Kelly is a tremendous cook. She is able to make food that the whole family enjoys. She also makes wonderful deserts. Pies are her specialty.

One thing that I have grown to admire in Kelly over the years is her determination and ability to stay focused to achieve a goal. Kelly is proactive and is good at getting things done quickly when she puts her mind to it. I am quite the opposite and like to compare all the options and understand all the details. The two of us together create the perfect balance.

Kelly is good at planning social gatherings and dates. She knows how to make any occasion a special one. It is one of her many talents that I wish I had. She is also very thrifty and good at keeping our family expenses within our budget. She is amazing at finding sales and creative solutions to meet our family’s needs. Her money smarts is a large contributor to our happy marriage.

Kelly has a lot of faith in the priesthood. She is quick to ask for priesthood blessings or help when it is appropriate. Her faith in priesthood blessings is a special trait that I am sure will be instilled in our children.

Kelly is kind and loving towards our extended family. She frequently updates our family blog for the benefit of our distant friends and family. Every time I look at the blog and reflect on all the fun times we have shared I can’t help but smile. She is also a very consistent journal writer. Before we were married, I don’t think she has missed a day since her 12th birthday. Unfortunately, my good looks have sometimes been a distraction which has resulted in a few missed days here and there. She has 30 journals and counting.

Kelly is the most beautiful woman in the world. She brings me so much happiness and joy. I don’t know what I did to deserve her but whatever it was, I would do it again and again. She really does complete me in every way. I love her more than words can tell.